A 27 hour innovation competition for amateur creators, professional innovators and radical makers with cool tools, live music and cash prizes
Expo for local independent creators of all ages. Showcase your cardboard masterpiece, DIY pickles and 12 foot tall rideable robots
Bring your friends and family to see awesome gadgets and goodies by makers of all ages at the Expo, and watch live pitches of innovations created for cash prizes at the North Bay Make-A-Thon
2014 Calhacks – 1st major collegiate Hackathon in the Bay Area
What is a
Over the course of 27 hours, students and industry professionals will design and build innovative art, educational and sustainability innovations, web applications, mobile apps, hardware and more, which will be judged on creativity, originality, utility and team work by a panel of industry leaders.
Who will participate?
How does it work?
- Speakers talk about specific needs
- Teams form and conceptualize
- Rapid prototyping
- Autodesk – free software to students and demos
- Use cool tools
March 5th – March 6th
Saturday, March 5th
- 9:00 - 10:00AM: Registration
- 10:00AM – 10:30AM Opening remarks and Instructions
- 10:30 - 11:00AM: Industry professional needs assessments
- 11:00 - 11:30AM: First round of pitches
- 11:30 - 12:00PM: Second round of pitches
- 12:00PM - 12:30PM: Team formation
- 12:30PM – 12:00AM: Making, prototyping, and mentoring
- 3:00PM – 4:45PM: Autodesk demo
Sunday, March 6th
- 12:00AM – 10:00AM: Making, prototyping, and mentoring
- 10:00AM - 1:00PM: Demo presentations
- 1:00PM - 2:00PM: Judging + closing remarks
Bringing students together with hackers, makers and industry professionals for a 27 hour event that will result in inspiration, real time education, new uses for existing technologies and access to talent for local industries.